- Vision & Mission
- Documents & Activities
- Next Meeting
- Terms of Reference
- Comments and Feedback
NGNae is an industry Forum established on July 5th, 2011.Founded initially to guide and leverage issues and activities pertaining to Next Generation Network interconnection, interoperability and other issues related to NGN Transition with the purpose of creating an improved framework for the industry and ensuring that it is in accordance with the Telecom Law.
The above can be accomplished in coordination and corporation of both licensees to review and analyze issues related to implications of NGN convergence, as well as the challenges licensees might face during the transition. The core, access, transport and application layer of NGN networks will be considered.
The TRA Role in NGNae Sector Development:
- NGN implementation has and continues to evolve differently around the world due to differences in national:
- Communication needs and consumer demand
- Level of development of existing infrastructure
- Regulatory framework
- The TRA, in its role as sector regulator for telecommunications has an important role to play in NGN introduction and growth in the UAE.
- International experience indicates that the most effective role of the regulator in relation to the market is not as a promoter of new services and technologies, but rather as a facilitator and referee.
- The most economically efficient and appropriate decisions on NGN roll-out will come naturally from the operators based on opportunities and needs that they perceive in the UAE.
- The TRA will focus on shaping the new regulatory framework such that it does not hinder the development, while at the same time, continues to focus on achievement of its operational objectives in light of possible new developments in the sector.
Objectives of the NGNae Forum include:
- To provide the Licensees an opportunity to contribute and share their views on NGN regulations framework
- Enhance the ICT sector in the country
- Clear and transparent NGN regulations
- Promote broadband and advanced services for end users
- Promote innovations
- Ensure customer security and protection
- Furthermore, licensees will have chance to exchange experience and knowledge, express their view and challenges to migrate to NGN
- Development of technical framework and standards required for NGN
Most Advanced & Innovative Telecom Infrastructure in the Region.
Cooperate with Telecom stakeholders to eliminate the obstacles of investing in Next Generation Networks and address the challenges to ensure smooth migration and deployment of a state of art NGN network with clear and transparent regulatory framework that encourage innovation.
Mr. Mohammed Al Ramsi – (TRA)
- Ms. Tahani Almulla (TRA)
- Mr. Stephen Nelson (TRA)
- Ms. Helena Askholt (TRA)
- Mr. Mohammed Alkhamis (TRA)
- Mr. Sulaiman Baksh (TRA)
- Mr. Rayan Al Hashmi (ETISALAT)
- Mr. Mohammed EL Hammuri (ETISALAT)
- Mr. Nahyan Al Jaberi (ETISALAT)
- Mr. Ayman Hattab (ETISALAT)
- Mr. Mohamad A Ghani (ETISALAT)
- Mr. Abdulaziz Atiq Almarri (ETISALAT)
- Ms. Wafa Bayaydh (du)
- Ms. Simran Raina (du)
- Mr. Mohammed Enver (du)
- Mr. Lotfi Elati (du)
- Mr. Hadi Hazim (du)
- Mr. Mohammed Rashad (du)
- Mr. Abdulrahman Alserkal (du)
- Mr. Rashid Al Ahmedi (du)
- Mr. Noel Kirkaldy (NSN)
- Mr. Jeremy Foster (Ericsson)
- Mr. Joe Battikh (Ericsson)
- Mr. Danilo Rodriguez (ADMC)
- Mr. Ihab Ghattas (Huawei)
- Ms. Zeina Mokaddem (Access Partnership)
To be uploaded soon, after the first meeting
22 November 2011